Introducing the debut Morris & Co. collection designed for use in both indoor and outdoor spaces. Made fit for busy homes, gardens, patios and poolsides, this fabric is imbued with UV and water resistance, a wipeable finish, anti-microbial and colourfast properties.
Outdoor-Performance is a versatile range that returns historic fabric designs to the place that originally inspired them – nature and the outdoors. Complete with signature Morris & Co. patterns, Outdoor-Performance unites the two great threads in 19th-century designer William Morris’s creative life: beauty and utility.
Originally imagined as a furnishing fabric, Marigold is an 1875 William Morris design filled with charm and energy. Marigold’s complex pattern, swirling movement and five available colourways make it perfect for all upholstery uses in any part of the home, inside or out.
Composition: 100% Polyester
Width: 138.5 cm Horizontal Repeat: 23 cm Vertical Repeat: 23 cm Martindale: 80000 Domestic Usage: Upholstery, Curtains and Cushions Contract Usage: Suitable for cushions Design Code - 227103
*Please note that fabric cannot be returned
*Sold in 1-metre increments
ABOUT MORRIS & CO.
As a political theorist, publisher, environmental campaigner, poet, as well as an outstanding designer, William Morris (1834–1896) was one of the single most influential figures of the nineteenth century. Under his direction Morris & Co. grew to the status of Arts & Crafts icon that it remains to this day.
Morris, Marshall, Faulkner & Co. (1861–1875) was a furnishings and decorative arts manufacturer and retailer founded by the artist and designer William Morris with friends from the Pre-Raphaelites. With its successor Morris & Co. (1875–1940) the firm's medieval-inspired aesthetic and respect for hand-craftsmanship and traditional textile arts had a profound influence on the decoration of churches and houses into the early 20th century.
Although its most influential period was during the flourishing of the Arts and Crafts Movement in the 1880s and 1890s, Morris & Co. remained in operation in a limited fashion from World War I until its closure in 1940. The firm's designs are still sold today under licences given to Sanderson & Sons.